[Dixielandjazz] LP or CD?

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Tue Dec 30 07:44:09 PST 2014

I agree with Jim. I prefer the clean sound of a CD.

I have mentioned this before but since it is in context with this discussion, I’ll mention it again.

Maybe 15 years ago my older daughter who had worked in the entertainment biz in LA was sent various recordings to evaluate.

I’ll never forget the time she got a CD made by a south American band that was part Latin and part Jazz.

The band had dubbed in the noise of a LP. When the CD started, you could hear the turntable rumble, the tone arm moving and setting down on the LP and then the turntable hiss and occasional clicks and pops of a LP.

I couldn’t believe that anyone in their right mind would take a clean recording and then add in all that noise.

-Bob Ringwald
Bob Ringwald Solo Piano, duo, Trio, Quartet
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/ 806-9551
Amateur (ham) Radio station K 6 Y B V

Why do they put pictures of criminals up in the Post Office? What are we supposed
to do, write to them? Why don't they just put their pictures on the postage stamps
so the mailmen can look for them while they deliver the mail?