[Dixielandjazz] LP or CD?

Charlie Hull charlie at easysounds.com
Tue Dec 30 08:27:22 PST 2014

On 12/30/2014 7:44 AM, Robert Ringwald wrote:
> The band had dubbed in the noise of a LP. When the CD started, you could hear the turntable rumble, the tone arm moving and setting down on the LP and then the turntable hiss and occasional clicks and pops of a LP.
>
> I couldn’t believe that anyone in their right mind would take a clean recording and then add in all that noise.
Funny, Bob. I remember when I was on the screening committee for bands
wanting to play in the Sacramento Jazz Jubilee, one submitted album had
night club background noise dubbed in. You could tell because the
sequence of background events was exactly the same on every track. I
guess they wanted the listener to think it was recorded live.

What's next; Surf and gulls for hawaiian tunes; Big Ben's tolling for a
London background?

Charlie Hull