[Dixielandjazz] In search of a non-tragic jazz hero

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Tue Dec 9 18:44:32 PST 2014

thanks for all the tips; I may now have a few ideas to do a few more
years of shows and I will be hunting up that Creole Trombone book (esp
since Ory is our trombonist's fave too)

my hope and *dream* is to attract enough kids who will take music
seriously enough to (a) get an instrument (b) practice and (c) nag
their parents sufficient to let them join our band that I can count on
them to be at every show ( 'c' is a surprisingly difficult step) so I
can put together even a 3214 lineup that would be the *minimum*
hot-jazz swing band a la Lunceford or Goodman or Dorsey etc -- I have
heaps of charts for such an ensemble, my trouble is the mrs has
declared a moratorium on us having more kids of our own (which is fair
since we're both well over 50) and other folks kids have progressively
more trouble with parts a b and then c :(

but I keep hoping!

--
*Teledyn Addendum: teledyn blogspot ca*
*eso: **EighthStreetOrchestra blogspot ca*