[Dixielandjazz] Bude Jazz Festival

Graham Martin grahmartin at bigpond.com
Fri Aug 29 19:21:07 PDT 2014

G'day Barbara,

There is spirit only! But my old mate Derek Winters is playing with his
Winter Sunshine International Band and therefor has some of the stars in his
band. We were talking earlier this week about a reunion maybe next  year at
Bude. We'll see. It's kind of an expensive trip from down under.

I do know that after the festival Canadian Janet Shaw, reeds, and trombone
man Brian Towers, both active on the Toronto Jazz scene, will be guests of
the "Winter Sunshine" band along with one of the UK's favoured jazzman,
Brian Carrick. The band will have Mike Lunn on piano, Dion Cochrane drums,
Tom Barnett string bass, Roger Bonsall on banjo and , of course, led by
local Derek Winters on trumpet. Saturday evening August 30 at The Union
Hotel, Chapel Street Penzance and Sunday lunch-time, August 31 at The
Smugglers Inn St Erth Praze. Try not to miss this International band with
the feel and sound of a New Orleans dance hall in their music.

Don't miss that one folks!

I am also wondering if my trombone playing mate Christine Woodcock is at the
festival? I know her band often plays there.

Best,

Graham Martin
REDLAND BAY, Queensland, AUSTRALIA