[Dixielandjazz] Bude Jazz Festival

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 07:01:06 PDT 2014

Hello Graham,
I heard Derek Winters there at least twice (1994 and probably 2000),
and Christine Woodcok every time I went to the Bude festival, the
first time - with the Bob Oliver band (he introduced "I Never Knew
What a Gal Could Do" - until I had two of them in my band!).  In 2012
she was not listed with any band, but I heard her all over the place.
You can imagime my excitememt when I went to what I oresumed to be a
piano solo or piano with rhythm gig and found Christine there!  A
wonderful player indeed.

Brian Carrick was once introduced on an Israeli jazz programme as a
saxophonist; true, he played the saxophone on the track in question,
but his first instrument has alwayss been the clarinet.  A fabulous
player, very much in the Geroge Lewis vein.

The problem with Budes is that there always are too many goodies to
catch them all!
Cheers