[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 140, Issue 7

Paul Kurtz Jr kurtzph at comcast.net
Fri Aug 8 08:19:59 PDT 2014

Ron, you know I hadn’t considered the point that you bring up. There are so many questions a lot of us have about musicians who came before the Iphone picture era and others, of course, who came before recording. We capture things now that may be used to write histories 50-60 years from now. You’re very right, too, about improvisation in some cases being a one-time thing. Hopefully, most of the pros can replicate once they’ve done a thing and liked it, but there are always little nuances. Even in church music like I do, I do something different each time I play the same songs.
Paul Kurtz Jacksonville, FL