[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 140, Issue 7

Ron L'Herault lherault at verizon.net
Fri Aug 8 07:12:20 PDT 2014

One other positive consideration that links to practice of audio taping
performances:  Since jazz is an improvised endeavor, what is played may
never be done that way again.  The recording of these performances preserves
them for enjoyment and discovery by those who come after us.  I've got boxes
of tapes given to me as a then younger fan, of performances by bands no
longer playing, musicians who have passed on etc.  Many of them are
fantastic to listen to.  And of course there are the memories of the
original owners that are brought to mind, but that is another factor all
together.

Ron L