[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 140, Issue 1

Tamás Ittzés ittzes.tamas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 02:23:56 PDT 2014

Jeff Matthews wrote:
-----
I live in Wales, UK and I was interested to find that Isham  Jones's family
might have come from Merthyr Tydfil in South Wales.  I  wonder if anyone
has any further information about Ishams welsh roots.  He  wrote so many
fine
songs.
-----
Jeff, you can also contact drummer Rusty Jones in Chicago. He is the nephew
of Isham Jones, if I'm not mistaken, but certainly a close relative of his.
Great guy, I had him at my festival in Hungary in 1993 and met him again in
Chicago in 1997. I don't know much about him now but as far as I know, he
is still active. Chicagoan musicians (Paul Asaro, Russ Philips etc.) should
be able to provide contact data to Rusty.

Tamás