[Dixielandjazz] Beer

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 1 16:54:40 PDT 2014

Kindly refrain from looking at my name and address.

Al Grey was not pleased to discover that he had been sitting upstairs in a comfortable coffee lounge with a colleague between afternoon gigs, when there was a comfortable lounge downstairs with a bar.
Prior to going onstage he was provided with a pint of excellent beer. Real Ale.

He was delighted and observed how much better this stuff was than the beer on sale as the staple at the festival. In fact he said that he was going to ask for this better stuff when he got to the main venue. The news was gently broken that this beer he liked so much was not on sale at the main venue, because the beer to which he preferred it was in fact the festival sponsor.

"That's the story of my whole life," he responded, taking a wistful valedictory mouthful of the better stuff.

Pity I can only pretend here to have posted this anonymously!
As for the Real Ale in question, you can't get that stuff no more!