[Dixielandjazz] DJML Facebook - 707 Members!

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Apr 14 11:44:55 PDT 2014

Mike Logsdon wrote:

Thank you, Bob, for this info.  It's not *exactly* copyright infringement, but > to have refused to call it something other than DJML (because it's NOT DJML), is certainly bad taste, in the very least.

Well Mike, I tend to agree with you. But I think by the time I asked him not to use the name, he had already established the DJML FB page. That would have been the time to change and start the new page. But by that time he probably felt that it was too late. The horses had already left the barn…

I wonder if he has the means to analyze his membership and determine just exactly how many of his "DJML" are actually DJMLers.  It wouldn't matter, but I'd bet his 707 is comprised of fewer actual DJMLers than he supposes.

I doubt if he has that ability. Although I know nothing about FB. Post to DJML have slowed up a bit the past couple weeks so maybe his FB page has affected us. I really don’t know. Traffic here seems to slow up from time to time and then if a subject that strikes a chord comes along, all of a sudden things liven up. We’ll see. Regardless, we are here for the deration.

-Bob Ringwald

DJML Moderator