[Dixielandjazz] Sitting in and jam sessions

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Sat May 11 03:09:57 PDT 2013

On 11/05/2013 09:36, Marek Boym wrote:
> ...  "Dans Les Rues d'Antibes", however, is a Sidney Bechet composition.
You mean, Bert wasn't truthing me ?!?

> Isn't Stephen Joseph the wonderful drummer who played with the Hot
> Antic Jazz Band?
A wonderful, soulful and earful drummer indeed. And, all around nice
guy. I miss him walking around with his white towel around the neck. It
is quite possible that he played with the Hot Antics, but I don't think
he was ever a 'member' of the group. Stephen was respected all over the
globe.

For anyone interested, Sac à Pulses is in the studio Monday and Tuesday
for our next recorded effort. Tunes on the block include (in alphabetic
order) Baby Face (w/verse), Big Butter and Egg Man, Bugle Boy March,
Dardanella (w/verse), Femmes Martinique Dou, Hindustan (w/verse), I'm
Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself A Letter, Lilly of the Valley,
Lou-easy-an-i-a (w/verse), Maryland, My Maryland, North Rampart Street
Parade, Old Fashioned Love (w/verse), Oriental Strut, Over In The
Gloryland, Petit Fleur, Wabash Blues, When I Grow Too Old To Dream.

All the best, Gary

Gary Kiser
22, rue de Nohanent - Apt 332
63100 Clermont-Ferrand