[Dixielandjazz] Sitting in and jam sessions

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat May 11 00:36:26 PDT 2013

>   ... Bert Barr and his wonderful Uptown Lowdown JB. Our last tune was
> Dans Les Rues d'Antibes and I asked Bert over the microphone if he knew it.
> He reminded me that he wrote it and promptly got his horn out. We had a
> blast as anyone would playing with Bert.

Bert Barr is udoubtedly a wonderful player, and the Uptown Lowdown is
fantastic!  I've only recently bought two CDs thereby, to be added to
several other records,  "Dans Les Rues d'Antibes",however, is a Sidney
Bechet composition.
Isn't Stephen Joseph the wonderful drummer who played with the Hot Antic
Jazz Band?
Cheers