[Dixielandjazz] Breda Jazz Festival

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun May 5 09:04:18 PDT 2013

Have a great time, Katie!
I love that festival, and have attended quite a few.  Can't make it this
year - not schizofrenic enough (leaving for North America on the 18th.
In the surprise bands you'll probably share the stahe with Joep (pronounced
Yoop) Peeters, for my money - one of the best pianists around, who also
plays alto sax and vibes and swings like mad.  And can tell a joke in Dutch
that makes people like me crack up, even though I don't understand the
language.
If it's not too late in the season, make a point of going to Keukenhof - a
great flower show!  Actually, even if you're too late for the tulips, it's
still worth going.
And try some of those fantastic beer they have - Palm, Duvel, or th
Trappist beers.
Cheers