[Dixielandjazz] Worlds Records closing. Take -2

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Mar 19 14:43:08 PDT 2013

Dear Friends,
Thank you for the responses.
However, I was not attempting to list all the wonderful small label record companies.
That is why I used the word "including".
Another DJML thread sidetracked.
8>)
Swaggie Records (with which I have a decades-long association) here in Australia is another one.
George Buck's wonderful source of records is readily available to Aussie collectors from Peter Cowden's 'Jazzology Australia' mail order site.
Peter also supplies Lake, Upbeat and local jazz band CDs.
Archeophone sell direct too, as do a few other labels.
Then there is the wonderful Mosaic, from who I have been buying ever since its first LP reissues.
Nor did I mention the fine Jazz By Mail service, as it too retired last year.
We had Englishman Jerry Brown (who certainly knows his jazz) on the DJML for quite a while, but he too gave it away several years ago.
(I never got to use Jerry because the UK currency exchange rates and postal charges for Australia in older days almost doubled the cost of a UK/European produced CD.)
I know of CD Baby and CD Universe, but nothing much about them
But  http://www.cdbaby.com/Style/73  doesn't inspire me.
Nor does  http://www.cduniverse.com/browsecat.asp?style=music&cat=59
Have any listmates had dealings with either. Do they really stock our music?
Amazon are OK, if you know what you want.
What I'm trying to find is a reliable one-stop proper jazz record reseller to replace the irreplaceable World Records.
It looks like I will have to deal separately with the producers mentioned.
And miss out on finding some lesser known newly released reissue CDs.
Kind regards,
Bill.