[Dixielandjazz] Worlds Records closing. Take -2

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 15:53:47 PDT 2013

> Swaggie Records (with which I have a decades-long association) here in Australia is another one.

I don't use that one for the reasons Bill gives for not using Jerry.

> Peter also supplies Lake,

Lake can be ordered on line directly. which might be cheaper (I don't
know the exchange rates and commissions involved).

> We had Englishman Jerry Brown (who certainly knows his jazz) on the DJML for quite a while, but he too gave it away several years ago.
> (I never got to use Jerry because the UK currency exchange rates and postal charges for Australia in older days almost doubled the cost of a UK/European produced CD.)

Sorry to hear that Jerry has discontinued his business - I was about
to enquire about his prices.

> I know of CD Baby and CD Universe, but nothing much about them
> But  http://www.cdbaby.com/Style/73  doesn't inspire me.

Inspire?!  The most unfriendly website I have seen.

> Nor does  http://www.cduniverse.com/browsecat.asp?style=music&cat=59

Not much better, but Stomp Off retail there at US$10.89 (I have not
checked postage).  When I got there as part of my Stomp Off search, I
was directed to its Stomp Off pages.  Many were only MP3, though.

> Have any listmates had dealings with either. Do they really stock our music?
> Amazon are OK, if you know what you want.

> And miss out on finding some lesser known newly released reissue CDs.

Yes.  Most unfortunate.  I go some excellent CDs by musicians of whom
I hed never heard before.

Cheers (having a nice local boutique stout right now)