[Dixielandjazz] Wonderful World

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Mar 10 16:22:42 PDT 2013

Marek Boym wrote regarding “What a Wonderful World:
Personally, I don't especially like the song.  Certainly not the
Armstrong version.  But I have jeard some really jazzy renditions,
Frnaz Jackson's for example.

Jazzy version of “What a Wonderful World”? Give me a break.
OK, so I am mouldier than many - most? - on this list, but to my ears
neither Brubeck nor Miles played jazz, and tha latter often did not
swing either.
Marek Marek Marek, look up the definition of Jazz and then tell me that neither Brubeck nor Miles didn’t play Jazz.
So you don’t care for their style, fine. But to say they don’t play Jazz is...  Well since this is a polite list with no flaming, I am not going to say it.
--Bob Ringwald