[Dixielandjazz] Wonderful World

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 12:42:50 PDT 2013

Personally, I don't especially like the song.  Certainly not the
Armstrong version.  But I have jeard some really jazzy renditions,
Frnaz Jackson's for example.
OK, so I am mouldier than many - most? - on this list, but to my ears
neither Brubeck nor Miles played jazz, and tha latter often did not
swing either.  If swing is the only criterion, then Lombardo played
jazz, because his band, even though sweet, often played with swing.
Cheers