[Dixielandjazz] Strangers On The Shore

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Mar 10 10:57:45 PDT 2013

In the early 60s working in night clubs every night, I learned to hate “Strangers On The Shore.” Every time we would take a break, the juke box would come on with that song. I heard it at least 5-times a night for several years. It certainly didn’t (as Kristy Reed says) “Speak to me.”

Many years later at the Los Angeles Sweet and Hot Festival, Aker Bilk was there and played it. I loved the way he did it without the 20 acres of fiddles scratching away. Ever since then I have liked the song and played it while remembering how Aker played it in person.

Also had a nice hat with him at the bar.

-Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Amateur (ham) Radio Operator K6YBV
916/ 806-9551

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference.”
Harry S. Truman, 33rd President B: 5/8/1884 – d: 12/26/1972.