[Dixielandjazz] Aussie Jazz on 88FM

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 05:44:09 PST 2013

The Aussie Jazz programme wil be broadcast on the 22nd, at 17:00 hours
GMT, and then be available on the Internet for at least one week.  It
wil linclude numbers by listmate Ross Anderson's New Melbourne Jazz
BAnd, and you can also hear the erstwhile listmate  Eric Holroyd on
second trumpet with Tom Baker.

In genera, our 88fm programmes feature a lot of OKOM.  Finding the
daily programme if you cannot read Hebrew is not easy, but the 2 hour
Friday night Saxophone is another story.  Go to
http://www.iba.org.il/88fm/88fm.aspx?type=aod
You need to scroll down to a square with a  sihouette of a saxophonist
 and click on the little speaker to hear the prgramme.

I've tried to click on "English" on the IBA website, but when the page
> eventually opened, it was still in Hebrew.  Thus, trying for English
 is futile.  However, the programme is available during the broadcast
itself, and for a few days thereafter.  Annoncements are in Hebrew, of
course, and sometimes it is not really possible to get the name of the
bandleader right, as the new announcer has not yet learnt to pronounce
the English names (and, worse, the titles), but that should not
detract from the music.
Enjoy!