[Dixielandjazz] Reminder - to avoid having your postings delayed

Haupt Dave srdaven at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 5 12:52:30 PST 2013

Make sure that you put the DJML list address (dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com) in the "to" field of your email application.

If you put the address in the "cc" or "bcc" field, then the message gets held for moderation.  Using the "cc" and "bcc" fields is a common technique of spammers, and by implementing this software setting, we prevent a lot of spam from getting through.

The recent thread on "All Stars" in particular, included a lot of folks putting the DJML address in the "cc" field, which delayed the postings for manual review.  And, I've been so busy the past few months that I often don't review held postings for over a week.

Also, if you recently subscribed, then your email addres is automatically put on moderate...it gets released by me manually when you make your first posting.  This also catches a lot of spammers.

So far, most members seem to appreciate the lack of spam that gets through this list.

Keep on swingin'

Dave Haupt
Asst DJML moderator