[Dixielandjazz] "Straws & Stripes!" [Saturday...]

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Wed Jan 30 09:45:29 PST 2013

My band has always worn red and white striped vests, largely because we
mostly play commercial gigs, partly because they make us look like a band,
partly because they make us look like fun. Musicians hate 'em, but I pay
decently, used to have a lot of gigs. Sometimes clients asked for 'em.

A couple of weeks ago the client specifically asked for 'em, so the
stereotype still exists out there....

--Sheik