[Dixielandjazz] Netiquette >>>

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Fri Jan 25 08:46:59 PST 2013

ROBERT R. CALDER wrote:
>not repeating everybody's mails with lots of vertical

I agree with you, Robert, that it can be overdone.  However, I almost always
do as I have done with this particular email, adding in a one liner in hopes
of drawing attention to the subject.

I sometimes read folk's answers to someone else's post and don't fully
understand what is going on as I may have not received the earlier post, or
deleted it without reading it.  Having the subject referred to, I believe,
is useful in this case.

Answering every comment in someone's post by including every comment made in
the earlier post with the > can be hard to read sometimes.  Leaving the
complete earlier post in is naughty, to say the least.

Jim