[Dixielandjazz] App for Organising Rehearsals

andy.ling at quantel.com andy.ling at quantel.com
Mon Jan 21 03:06:02 PST 2013

Allan Brown wrote on 20/01/2013 14:49:39:

> I remember (vaguely) that a while ago someone mentioned an app
> they'd developed to help musicians organise their diaries, I think
> with the capability to log miles travelled to gigs etc. I wonder if
> anyone can remind me of what it was exactly?

It was Scott Anthony. From his original message

After  many months of programming work and testing, I've just published my

second  Android app. Here's the blurb:

GigBag Android 1.0

For help or just to see what it  looks like, please go  to:

www.santhony.com/androidapps/gigbagindex.htm

It looks like it is now at version 2.3 and is available on google
playStore
I haven't tried it. So don't know if it will do what you want.

Depending on whether you are using Android or Apple, other apps I know of
are iGigBook for Apple and MobileSheets for Android. These are both
aimed at organising lead sheets. They let you create set lists from
PDFs (and other formats) of your sheet music.

So maybe a combination of apps will do what is wanted.

Hope that helps

Andy Ling