[Dixielandjazz] Jabbo and the Hot Antic Jazz Band

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 14:52:41 PST 2013

Jabbo's playing on the videos leaves a lot to be desired, but the band is great!
When I first attended th Edinburgh Jazz Festival (1984), people told
me to go and hear the Hot Antics, and practically shoved me into the
venue.  That venue was a huge and noisy place, and I could not hear
all that much.  Later, howevr, I caught them in another venue, and
they sounded great!  A few years later they disbanded, as a key
member, Jean-Francois Bonnel, quit, to reorganize a few years later.
In 1992, the exuberance of youth was gone, and replaced by maturity,
but the band still sounded great!  As it did in 2004 or 2005 in Breda.
 A wonderful band, well worth hearing.  A few CDs have been issued on
Stomp Off, and are definitely worth the investment (speaking from
experience - I have).
Cheers