[Dixielandjazz] A conversation between Ringwald and Vax and a thank you

vaxtrpts at aol.com vaxtrpts at aol.com
Mon Feb 25 16:01:36 PST 2013

Thanks to Bob Ringwald for his answer to my questions and opinions.  Below is just the end of our conversation.  I'm sure you all saw it, but I'll quote it anyway.
With all of this, I must say that the Louis Armstrong All Stars is still one of my favorite bands ever!!!!
I guess Draga/Vax was sort of an all star band, but we never called it that.

MV:   I then saw a bunch of unrelated messages with the same subject title. (All Star put downs....)

Ringwald:  Yes, I noticed the subject line on a bunch of messages that had nothing to do with the original all star put down subject.

MV:  So - sorry if I caused any confusion.  I just felt that my describing the band (Kenton Alumni) as an all star group, as it really is, had been misconstrued.

Ringwald:  No need to apologize Mike. As I said in an earlier post, IMO, and it is only my
opinion, the tirade was unnecessary and negative. (About all stars........)  However, we have to remember that the DJML is not moderated. We have over 620
members with probably 620 different ideas on various subjects. As long as no one  flames, gets nasty, abusive, off-topic or philthy, members are free to post what
they want. It is still a free country . . . At least for a while yet?

 I am enjoying being back on the list.  Just couldn't figure out that negative post on all stars.................
Enough said!

Mike Vax
Friends of Big Band Jazz, Prescott Jazz Summit,
Stan Kenton Alumni Band
www.mikevax.net
www.bigbandjazz.net
www.prescottjazz.com