[Dixielandjazz] in the mood

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Mon Feb 11 17:27:04 PST 2013

Charlie Parker famously said there were only two types of music, the music
you liked and the music you didn't.  I prefer to say there are two types,
the music I like and the music that I myself would play differently.

it's a 'chart', it's a map, it is a territory to explore, so I say, each of
those umpteen million times, we should explore it, search its corners, take
it to the limit.  So long as it swings, the dancers will still love it ;)

--
*Have Blog, Will Travel: blog.teledyn.com*
*A Serviceable Substitute: post.teledyn.com*