[Dixielandjazz] in the mood

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Tue Feb 12 08:21:33 PST 2013

I look at it this way: Music I like to listen to, music I don't like, and
music I don't like to listen to but like to play. At this moment, the only
example of the last that I can think of is "Big Bear Stomp", which has
loads of variety and action for a piano player.

My dance band plays "In the mood" as close to the record as a 5-piece
combo can. My guys hate it, but I like anything that gets folks out on the
dance floor. "Chatt. Choo Choo" we play as a boogie woogie, and don't
sing,

--Sheik