[Dixielandjazz] in the mood

trumpetom at aol.com trumpetom at aol.com
Mon Feb 11 16:37:55 PST 2013

"In The Mood" never fails to fill the dance floor. George Simon writes that Miller's band played it on every set at public dances. In my own dance bands here in California, someone ALWAYS requests that tune early on in a gig.

I also play in a German oom-pah band. We get requests for it at Oktoberfest events too. "In The Mood" is favorited along with "Crazy", "You Don't Know Me" and "Y.M.C.A."

We all get a little tired of playing these old war horses, BUT I'd rather play them on request than have the band replaced by a D.J; The D.J. won't complain about running them through his sound equipment. We just smile and play them. Whatever makes our customers happy will make us happy too.

End of sermon

Tom Loeb
www.mainstreetswingband.com
www.hotsytotsyboys.com