[Dixielandjazz] Chat and other "hits"

Henry C. Mason hmncro at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 16:54:39 PST 2013

Mike is right,  most of the road band books are full of "gems" that never
were a hit but they still met the leader's standard for inclusion in the
book.  Many of the big road bands carried 300 or so charts in the book and
could only play 36 or so on a three hour show...  After playing the "in the
moods" etc.  I expect they had to have some different things in the book to
avoid terminal boredom.    I hear non GMO musicians complain about "In the
Mood" all the time,  can you imagine playing it every night!?

Henry