[Dixielandjazz] Chat and other "hits"

vaxtrpts at aol.com vaxtrpts at aol.com
Sun Feb 10 14:29:41 PST 2013

 I think that with any big band, there are lots of great arrangements that may not get recorded or become the most popular charts from that band, but they might really swing and be interesting pieces of music.  While not a huge Glenn Miller fan, I did play in the band for a short time about 40 years ago, and there were some really nice things in the book that didn't get played all the time.
But then there were also some great charts on Stan Kenton's band that most fans don't know about as well.

Mike Vax
Friends of Big Band Jazz, Prescott Jazz Summit,
Stan Kenton Alumni Band
www.mikevax.net
www.bigbandjazz.net
www.prescottjazz.com