[Dixielandjazz] Discount tickets - 2014 Sac. Music Fest, and Dec. 22 Count Basie concert

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Tue Dec 17 23:14:59 PST 2013

                  See below for special deals from STJS

                  (Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society)

                        HELLO to all of our Sacramento Music Festival fans, friends and supporters!

                           Growing pains? Really? At age 40, really?

                           Yes, it is that time of year when you are receiving hundreds of pieces of snail mail or e-mail, all asking for donations. THIS ONE IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT! Read on!

                            No doubt you know by now that our Sacramento Music Festival in May opened the eyes, ears and hearts of many first-time attendees. Wow, many said, "This really is a 'Music Festival.' Who knew! " Our long time fans knew, for they have seen and heard and experienced our efforts to grow and expand our event and live up to our name and promise to present a Music Festival that would showcase a wide variety of musical styles. We did not leave our historic musical past behind. We had many of the legendary Jazz and Swing bands in our lineup for all to enjoy, but for the first time ever, booked headliners such as Los Lobos, Kenny Wayne Shepard and others, and they proved to be a big success. We plan to do more of the same - and then some - next year. Stay tuned for those exciting announcements. The big "But" here is that, as well and good as all was for us this year, we find ourselves facing "growing pains." We are reaching out to you for a boost to help us continue to grow our Music Festival, Sacramento's premier event.

                            Soon you will be thinking about tax deductible donations. When you do, please consider the many ways you can help us work through this growth period. For example, have fun sponsoring your favorite musician for $50, or your favorite band for a bit more. Give us a call. We would love to tell you about all of the areas where we can use your help. And remember:

                            Your donation is tax deductible as we are a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Corporation; our Tax ID number is 23-7132119.

                        THANK YOU from the Management and Staff of the SACRAMENTO MUSIC FESTIVAL

                        We will usher in our 41st on May 23 - 26, 2014

                        Checks can be made payable to STJS:

                        Sacramento Music Festival
                        106 K Street, Suite #1
                        Sacramento, CA 95814

                        (916) 444-2004

                              Early Bird Discount

                              Save $20 on a 4-day
                              "All Events" ticket to the 2014 Sac. Music Festival during
                              Memorial Day Weekend,
                              May 23-26, 2014.

                              Early Bird Discount: $90
                              (After Jan. 15: $110)

                              SMF tickets & info

                              STJS Members Discount: $85
                              Call STJS 916-444-2004

                       Count Basie Discount

                              The Count Basie Orchestra directed by Scotty Barnhart: 2:30 pm & 7 pm, Sunday,
                              Dec. 22, Sac. City College Performing Arts Center.
                              STJS Members and friends
                              get 20% discount on tickets.
                              Promo code "DISCOUNT20"
                              Compliments of Suzanne Townsend, Harley White, Jr.,
                              Mindy Giles/Swell Productions and www.slcworld.org

                              Discount price: $24
                              (Reg. price: $30)

                              Count Basie tickets & info

                       Crab & Pasta Feed

                              Support STJS by attending their 8th annual Crab & Pasta Feed
                              5 pm on Sat., Jan. 25, 2014
                              Sacramento Turn Verein.
                              Dinner music: Greg Willett.
                              Dance music: Bob Schulz,
                              Jim Maihack, Bob Ringwald, Scott Anthony, Robert Young. Featuring Pat Yankee.

                              General admission: $45
                              Students: $30

                              View flyer for details

      Forward this email

            This email was sent to rsr at ringwald.com by editor at sacjazz.org |

      Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society | 106 K Street, Suite #1 | Sacramento | CA | 95814