[Dixielandjazz] Eric Luter

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Thu Dec 5 10:51:05 PST 2013

On 2013-12-04 23:26, Marek Boym wrote:
> I've just heard a band with Eric Luter on cornet.  Any relation to
> Claude?

Eric is Claude's son. I have had the pleasure of meeting papa Luter and
playing with Eric. Fine players and gentlemen.

> Whe I saw Kiki desPlat in Poland in 2003, she looked much too young to
> have
> played in 1984!  Yet there she is on the 1984 Cyril Jazz BAnd
> recording
> from the 1984 Breda Jazz FEstival, playing wasboard.

Marie-Christine 'Kiki' Desplat was a co-founder of Certains L'Aiment
Chaud on cornet in 1983. This all female group played the Sacramento
festival a couple of years later.

> Cheers

All the best, Gary

--