[Dixielandjazz] alphonso trent

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 4 12:41:53 PST 2013

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=alphonso%20trent

The info provided by the link above ought to help work out whether the dubs on Historical are too fast.

I remember Historical's management getting extremely annoyed by unfavourable reviews in the scholarly UK Storyville magazine, because it had not occurred to these worthy Northamericans who produced the LPs that there is a Hell of a lot more to the history of jazz than digging out ancient records and assuming there was no way of finding out more and trying to arrange everything in relation to historical and geographical evidence.

I'm not sure there was proper attention to original recording speed either, a topic which exercised John RT Davies and others, sometimes at enormous length (so that one might have wished the chatter speeded up)

I can't be in very good form, I ought to recognise the other recording whose beginning can be listened to as a sample on amazon.co.uk and which is referred to as t42 by Alphonse (not AlphonsO) Trent.
'tain't Trent anyway.

ttfn

Robert

Robert R. Calder