[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 128, Issue 16

William ♫Sharp A1tradtrmpt at att.net
Thu Aug 15 16:51:17 PDT 2013

As below, there's talk about the Berigan Book - -The book I'd like to lay my hands on, or at least get 20+ tunes is the  "Sidney Bechet Book".   ( I know there is no such thing, but there should be). There are Beiderbecke Bands. I want to form A Bechet band.

 Lots of bands play Petite Fleur, and Si Tu Vois La Mere, but his repertoire is more more vast than that.  Where are those tunes? I have at last crossed paths with a soprano sax player with great tone and mature technique willing to venture into Bechet Land, but where o where do we start to find the songs?

Ciao for now,
Bill sharp

Today's Topics:

  1. Bunny Berigan book (Bill Haesler)
  2. perhaps not 'Classic Jazz' (ROBERT R. CALDER)
  3. Bunny Berigan book. Take-2 (Bill Haesler)
  4. Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival--Ken Mathieson	writes
     (Norman Vickers)
  5. Re: Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival--Ken Mathieson	writes
     (Marek Boym)
  6. Re: Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival--Ken Mathieson	writes
     (Marek Boym)
  7. Tank Town Bump (Bob Romans)
  8. Re: Tank Town Bump (Jim O'Briant)
  9. Re: 12th Street Rag (alevy at alevy.com)