[Dixielandjazz] Turk Murphy

Keith Garner CKG at TALKTALK.NET
Sat Apr 13 16:27:29 PDT 2013

On 13/04/2013 23:14, Marek Boym wrote:
> Earlier today (technically - yesterda, as it's already past 1AM) I listened
> to the Murphy band at the 1093 Heidelberg Jazz FEstival.  Wow!  What a
> treat!

Yes Marek, I agree with you, the Heidelberg LP has long been one of my
favourites.

It also gives me the opportunity to make a comment I wanted to make
during the recent Ken Colyer thread but didn't get around to.  It comes
from a piano playing friend and colleague - he was quoting someone, I
can't remember who, when he said that you have to have a very good
drummer for it to be better than having no drummer at all. For me the
Heidelberg LP bears this out - I can't think of any drummer who would
add a single thing to it.

Regards All
Keith Garner
Five Towns Footwarmers