[Dixielandjazz] Turk Murphy

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 15:14:19 PDT 2013

Earlier today (technically - yesterda, as it's already past 1AM) I listened
to the Murphy band at the 1093 Heidelberg Jazz FEstival.  Wow!  What a
treat!  I listen to records every day, and I put that LP right after the
Grappelly one with GAry Burton, But I have not enjoyed listening to a
record that much in a while.
I ws wondering about the vocals, though.  CArl Lunseford is listed as the
only singer, but I still believe it's Turk who sings "Evolution Mama."  And
Bob Helm was a pretty good singer, too.
Cheers (just had a 7.9%abv Paulaner Salvator - highly recommended if
available in your area)