[Dixielandjazz] Young musicians

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 15:43:06 PDT 2013

Just back from a guitar jam session at teh TEl-Aviv Dancing Camel Pub and
microbrewery.
I arrived around 8:40 PM, and music was already on.  Several accoustic
gutiars and a ukelele.   Ages seemed to vary from early or mid-twenties to
mid-sixties.  At that stage, things were still slow.   But they kept
getting better and better as the evening evolved.  At some, quite early,
stage, the group was joined by an electric bass player and an electric
solid body guitar (I am always amazed whe a person gets something sounded
like music from the latter).  Electric or not, the bass certainly added
depth to he playing.
The nthe group was joined by a very young vilinist - she was either a
teenager or in her early twenties.  Later, three trmpeters appeare, but one
chckend out and switched to a recorder.  Eli Preminger has been mentioned
on the list more than once.  But there was another trumpeter, the 19 years
old Erez Feuer, whose playing was quite impressive.  He seemed to be too
young to know those songs even existed, let alone playing them!  Perhaps he
is not (yet) the class of Jon-Eric Kelso, but he is still a teenager!
Wow!  The harmonica may not be my favourite instrument, but hte very young
harmonica player knew all the tunes and played very well.  The amazing
thing was that, other than the guitarists who jam weekly, some of the other
guys had never met before!
Thanks to David Mentcher not a teenager) who apparently organized the
evening.
And the beer, too, was excellent (not that it was new to me).  I especially
enjoyed Leche del Diablo, a what beer with chili pepper.  Perhaps not for
everybody, rather hot, but excellent!
Cheers