[Dixielandjazz] "New" song for you all...

Steve Heist steveheist at videotron.ca
Thu Apr 4 11:07:28 PDT 2013

Hi to all,

Was watching TV and heard a song I really liked...  It was in a "Chevrolet
Trax" (car) commercial.  The song in the commercial is about 2 years old and
was done by a group called Parov Stelar.
First, give the modern version a listen at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xsoCki4pTk

Since it sounds like OKOM, I did a little research and found the original!!
Parov's version was "sampled" from a recording of a song called, "Oriental
Swing" (NOT to be confused with Oriental Strut...) sung by Lil Hardin
Armstrong...!

You can hear the original at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMDBluSMUas

Hope you like it...