[Dixielandjazz] Evan Cristopher

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 14:27:18 PDT 2012

I have no doubts, Ken. And wouldn't miss it.  But persauding people
who have been disappointed is often very difficult.
I believed that even with "a hastily-assembled pick-up group" he could
sound great, had it been composed of musicians sympathetic to
traditional jazz and swing.
BTW, the same musicians played later with Warren Vache, but with at
least one traditional musician, the reed player Merton Cahm, added.
Whether it was because Vache was a sterner task master, or because we
heard them at the end of their tour (quite exztensive for a tiny
country like Israel), they sounded MUCH better than with Evans.
Cheers