[Dixielandjazz] Stan Greig Daily Telegraph

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Wed Nov 28 14:04:01 PST 2012

  Poor Stan's only just departed,  and the slander begins?
  (I hope he can read and laugh at this -- up in the great jam session over there)

  Campbell Burnap was indeed an Englishman, and a very musical good bloke,

  but Stan was not English -- he was born in Scotland and spoke with an Edinburgh accent,

  in fact neither man was "another Englishman"

  sorry, Jack!
  all the best,

  Robert

  I can only plead that I'm just a simple Australian who can't understand how an island smaller than most of our states can be divided into three different countries! Of course I should have known better - I once asked a lady vocalist when she had left England for Australia and I immediately feared for my safety. In unladylike terms she advised me that she was from Wales.

  Best wishes
  Jack