[Dixielandjazz] Stan Greig Daily Telegraph

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 14:22:58 PST 2012

Goodness gracious!
Ages ago (in the mid-1970's) I corresponded with David Griffith (a
pretty well known writer on jazz) from Swansea.  In thsoe days, I did
not know Swansea was in Wales, and I addressed my first letter to him
"Swansea, England."

In his reply he asked me not to do it again, as that might involve the
danger of his house being blown up by Welsh nationalists.

Soon it may becoma easier -  the Scottish separatists seem to be
gaining ground!  I wonder how it will affect British jazz, with so
many of its most prominent figures being Scots.
Cheers