[Dixielandjazz] cornet

cebuisle2 at aol.com cebuisle2 at aol.com
Sun Nov 4 00:12:53 PDT 2012

 I have played cornet for years with Dixie groups. Simply put-the cornet blends with the rest of the small combo, mellow and great on blues. The trumpet has a sharp piercing tone, often used by players who want to be noticed above the rest of the combo. All of the "great" players used the trumpet with a few notable exceptions.
My high school band director wouldn't allow a trumpet in the concert band-restricted them to the football field-and orchestra-
Band consistently earned an "A"in grade 6 music, so guess he knew what he was doing---

I'd rather "blend"                                          Ted

cebuisle2 at aol.com