[Dixielandjazz] Kids 'n' Jazz (in Europe)

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Wed May 16 05:55:22 PDT 2012

I made a boo boo in my post on the Sant Andreu Jazz Band. They are
indeed from Spain and not from Italy. In any case, I think they are
doing fine work. I hope these kids keep it up.

More clips

STRUTTIN ALBA ARMENGOU 8 AÑOS ( 8 YEARS OLD) TRUMPET
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyfi1JbOv3k

BLI BLIP de DUKE ELLINGTON SANT ANDREU JAZZ BAND PALAU DE LA MUSICA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eofNvbqLC84

some of these days Sant Andreu Jazz Band & Ignasi Terrassa, Pepe Robles
i Sergi Vergés
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_KfYQm39kQ

On 16/05/2012 00:36, Gary Kiser wrote:
> JMF: I think I've written about Joan Chamorro before. He is an Italian
> music teacher and director of the Sant Andreu Jazz Band that has
> gained world recognition with his youth jazz groups. I don't care what
> you think of Andrea Motis today, in another five years she will be a
> force to recon with. Anyway, I just stumbled upon a new trailer with
> some pretty tasty testimonials.
>
> http://santandreujazzbandfilm.com/trailer/
>
> Sant Andreu Jazz Band is a project arising from a music class.
> Directed by Joan Chamorro, the big band brings together children
> between 6 and 18 years old, around a classic jazz repertoire with lots
> of swing, which gained the public and sold-out some of the most
> important music auditoriums in Spain.
>
> This documentary is a journey led by the orchestra director, which
> immerses us in a unique teaching method as unique as the results it
> unveils. A story that will thrill us with these kids’ staging talent
> and touch us through all sort of sensations that only they are able to
> bring to life.
>
> On this journey they are joined by Jesse Davis, Terell Stafford and
> Wycliffe Gordon, American musicians admired by all jazz music lovers
> that feed the spirit of young talent careers as Elsa, that with only 6
> years old plays trumpet like an angel.
>

> Here are some more videos of his music program.
>
> http://santandreujazzbandfilm.com/videos/
>
> video 1 : Cute little babies with I Found a New Baby
> Video 2 : Joan drinking coffee. You can skip this one.
> Video 3 : Voice lessons (ok, gotta work on pronunciation. Or, sing in
> Spanish .)
> Video 4 : How old is this little girl with the Bechet classic?
> Video 5 : The next Esperanza Spalding? (ok, gotta work on
> pronunciation. Or, sing in Spanish.)

Gary Kiser
34, rue du Président Wilson
63100 Clermont-Ferrand