[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans Jazz Bands

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu May 10 05:53:09 PDT 2012

Dear Steve,
Perhaps some people "called it New York Style ... in a pejorative
sense."  However, I believe that the term was used in Riverside's
"History of Classic Jazz," and not in a prjorative sense.  They gave
New Orleans, Chicago, ragtime, the revival, and New York style (I may
be wrong - it was over 50 years ago).   The way I remember it, that
multi-LP album was my introduction to Bunk Johnson, Lu Watters, etc.
Cheers