[Dixielandjazz] Video of St. Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band at a Nice Mardi Gras event 2011

david richoux domitype at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 20:07:31 PDT 2012

Is that audio track really St. Gabriel's ? I have played many times
with the band and we never had an electric guitar!

By the way, St. Gabriel's has enough players on hand to field several
bands at a time - while the Naughty Mardi Gras was happening, St.
Gabriel's was also playing in Redwood City, CA in 3 different bars and
the sidewalks of the downtown (to very good crowds.)

It is a very fun band to play with and I get to "stretch my chops"
with many songs that are not in the standard OKOM book. If our kind of
bands are going to continue on for another 50 - 100 years, the
repertoire  has to expand!

Dave Richoux