[Dixielandjazz] Bria

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Jun 18 16:16:41 PDT 2012

Steve Barbone wrote:

> What? Nor mention that Bria's album, "So Is The Day", is number 7 on this week's Jazz Album > Charts at "Jazz Week"? Jumped 13 slots from #20 last week. (Arturo Sandoval is #1)
>
> Way to go Bria. Live your dream and to hell with the nay sayers.

I then asked Steve:

Ø  What nay sayers are you referring to?

Steve answered:

Ø  Dear Bob:

> If you have to ask, you'll never know. <grin>
>
> Seriously though, I am referring to those who advised Bria that her dream of making a > successful career with OKOM was unachievable. They know who they are.

I would have been one of the ones that would have told her that it is very, very difficult, almost impossible to make a living playing real Trad Jazz which she started out on.

Her move to NY was a gutsy one. And as you can hear by her latest recording, she is not confining herself to just Trad Jazz. She is expanding her musical horizons. While it is still a tough way to go, she is having success with what she is doing.

If she can get into recording jingles, film soundtracks, etc to help pay the bills, she will do OK.

--Bob Ringwald

www.ringwald.com