[Dixielandjazz] Bria

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Mon Jun 18 17:33:36 PDT 2012

It is not cheap to Live in New York, she is obviously paying the bills, and has been playing all around the World for several years now, she is a very talented young and beautiful lady that has come a long way since I first saw and heard her in Sacramento.   I  personally have no doubt that she will get even more successful in the next few years because she has a total professional attitude about her career and treats the music business like a music business, and it is obviously reciprocating and treating her like a business.    She has proven that she is a lot more than just another pretty face and earned the respectability to be asked to play with some very great successful OKOM players and they have also recorded with her.

Expanding her musical horizons is definitely helping her move into the mainstream of the music business.   There is a world of opportunities for Players to play OKOM beyond the Trad Jazz Societies, but ya gotta go out in the Real World and find them and don't be afraid to ask for what your worth.   Surprisingly they will pay it.

Go Bria Go   Girl.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

Steve Barbone wrote:

> What? Nor mention that Bria's album, "So Is The Day", is number 7 on this
week's Jazz Album > Charts at "Jazz Week"? Jumped 13 slots from #20 last week.
(Arturo Sandoval is #1)

> Way to go Bria. Live your dream and to hell with the nay sayers.

I then asked Steve:

Ø  What nay sayers are you referring to?

Steve answered:

Ø  Dear Bob:

> If you have to ask, you'll never know. <grin>
>
> Seriously though, I am referring to those who advised Bria that her dream of
making a > successful career with OKOM was unachievable. They know who they are.

I would have been one of the ones that would have told her that it is very, very
difficult, almost impossible to make a living playing real Trad Jazz which she
started out on.

Her move to NY was a gutsy one. And as you can hear by her latest recording, she
is not confining herself to just Trad Jazz. She is expanding her musical
horizons. While it is still a tough way to go, she is having success with what
she is doing.

If she can get into recording jingles, film soundtracks, etc to help pay the
bills, she will do OK.

--Bob Ringwald

www.ringwald.com