[Dixielandjazz] Today's Jazz - was - Tears

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 14:05:55 PDT 2012

You certainly do not meand the New Black Eagles, do you?  Neither too
loud nor too fast, just right.
Unlike Steve, I love many of the old bands, and listen to ODJB, NORK,
Red and Miff, Phil Napoleon, the Chcagoans (even if no originally from
Chicago), Keppard, Morton (a lot), etc.  Nevertheless, I still love
contemprary jazz, and do not believe that Kelso or sandy Reinhardt
fall below the capabilities of the old masters.  But hardly any of the
newer ones are easily recognizable (Frank Chase and Braff come to
mind, but they are no longer with us).  Perhaps because they have
absorbed so many influences.
Cheers