[Dixielandjazz] Today's Jazz - was - Tears

Phil Wilking arnold.wilking at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 4 09:37:51 PDT 2012

The later musicians may have had "more energy," but too many played almost
everything TOO D--N FAST and too d--n loud. Too many loud notes jammed into
too little time means you (at least I) can't hear the subtleties of phrasing
or judge the quality of the players' control.

What ever happened to dynamic and tempo control - in both directions?

Phil Wilking - K5MZF
www.nolabanjo.com

Those who would exchange freedom for
security deserve neither freedom nor security.