[Dixielandjazz] Today's Jazz - was - Tears

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Jun 4 09:11:44 PDT 2012

Steve Barbone wrote:

For my ears, todays top jazz musicians are far superior to yesterday's. Perhaps because I grew up in NYC listening to Condon and the other GREAT Jazz Bands who kept OKOM popular. My ears heard much more energy in most Condon bands than on the records of the old masters.

Steve,
You often mention that while the Condon recordings are good, they do not contain the same energy and power that you experienced when you heard the band in person.
Have you thought about the same scenario with bands such as the Oliver band? What if you had heard it in person?
--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com